1. Следующие условные предложения распределите на две группы: с реальным условием (тип А) и с нереальным условием, относящимся к настоящему (тип В). Переведите предложения:
I shall close the window if you allow. The door will not open unless you press the button. We can go now if you wish. If you check the data, you will find everything in order. If I allowed my children to do what they like, they would not go to bed in time. We can make the test provided the management supplies us with materials. If these words were synonymous, you could use either of them. They would buy those implements if they needed them. If you want to draw, you need better pencils. If he were guilty, he would not dare to come. He will not run away unless he is guilty.
2. Следующие предложения распределите на две группы: с нереальным условием в отношении настоящего (тип В) и с нереализованным условием в отношении прошедшего (тип Г). Переведите предложения:
If you knew him better, you would not admit him into your house. Had I know the facts better, I should have allowed you to make a new test. I should not have mentioned it if my friends had not warned me. If he were dead, I should be sorry. If the bottle were empty, we could use it for oil. Do you think she would have spoken better if she had not been so tired? If the ventilating system had been better, the management of the American mine would not have been guilty in the death of six miners.
3. Переведите на русский язык условные предложения, содержащие предположения (тип Б):
It would be better if you admitted your mistake. If you classified the data, fewer tests would be needed. If they listened to us, we could warn them. They might attack us if they dared.
4. Переведите на русский язык:
I wish I could go to Moscow. I wish it were so. I wish he were alive. You shouldn't allow your children to play so late. One should admit one's mistakes. Young girls should learn cooking.
5. Из новых слов урока выберите слова со звуками [ɔ], [æ], [ai]; распределите их на отдельные колонки и прочтите их вслух. Проверьте, помните ли вы значение этих слов.
6. Из текстов выпишите все нестандартные глаголы и повторите их основные формы .
7. Прочтите вслух несколько раз популярное в Англии шуточное стихотворение:
|If all the seas were one sea,|
|What a great sea that would be!|
|And if all the trees were one tree,|
|What a great tree that would be!|
|And if all the axes were one axe,|
|What a great axe that would be!|
|And if all the men were one man,|
|What a great man he would be!|
|And if a great man took the great axe,|
|And cut down the great tree,|
|And let it fall into the great sea,|
|What a great splash that would be! (splash-всплеск)|